The conference will begin Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. at the UMass Campus Center and will conclude Friday, June 21, 2013 at 4:30 p.m. after the ACF team competition located in Berkshire Dining Commons. http://www.chefculinaryconference.com/2013/
All morning sessions, breakfast and lunch on Monday and Tuesday will be held in the UMass Campus Center. Afternoon sessions will be held at Berkshire Dining Commons. On Wednesday and Thursday breakfasts and all sessions will be held in Berkshire Dining Commons. The ACF competition on Friday will be held in the Berkshire Dining Commons.
You can register online using our on-line registration service. Our on-line registration service uses a Verisign Secure Server certificate to safeguard your transaction. You may also call 413-577-8102 to register.
The Hotel and Travel page contains all the information you need to make reservations and receive special group rates at the Courtyard by Marriot. Please note you need to identify yourself as part of the Chefs Conference 2013. The cut-off date is May 17, 2013 for these special blocks of rooms. There will be shuttle service from the Courtyard by Marriot to the UMass campus. Registrants are responsible for making their own hotel arrangements.
For directions to the Campus Center Hotel and all the locations on campus please visit http://www.umassauxiliaryservices.com/directions/
For directions to the Courtyard® by Marriott® 423 Russell St Hadley, Massachusetts 01035 USA please visit the website https://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/directions/bdlhd-courtyard-hadley-amherst/
If you are planning to drive to campus please park in the campus center parking garage on Monday and Tuesday. If you are driving to campus the remainder of the week please park in Lot 33 on campus. You will need to get a parking pass for this lot when you register. For a map of parking on campus please visit http://parking.umass.edu/images/maps/mapVisitorParking.pdf
- A chef hat will be provided for you and must be worn at all times in the teaching kitchens. Hair must be entirely covered by the hat and long hair will need to be tied back and completely covered underneath the hat. Fringes and bangs should not be visible from the front of the hat.
- Aprons and side towels will be provided and must be worn at all times
- A long sleeved chef jacket must be worn.
- Shoes should be leather, with no open toes or high heels and must have non-slip soles. Cotton socks are advised, and no nylon hosiery is allowed
- Full length black pants and chef pants must be worn while in the kitchen
- Jewelry is not permitted except for one ring and one wristwatch
- During times that you are not in the kitchen, casual business attire should be worn.
- The clam bake is more of a relaxed dinner outside at the University
- UMass will provide aprons, gloves, side towels and some knives.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their culinary tool kits, knives and a camera. Please check with your airline for knife transportation.
There are many area attractions to visit while in the area. A few of these attractions are Yankee Candle, Historic Deerfield, downtown Northampton, Basketball Hall of Fame and Six Flags New England. For more area attractions please visit the pioneer valley website at www.valleyvisitor.com
The conference will cover most meals: all breakfasts, lunches and dinners Monday through Thursday.
This conference is open to chefs, dietitians, food service managers, educators and trade people, regardless of affiliation.
All attendees will receive certificates of participation with the number of American Culinary Federation credits and a 2013 seminar manual with many great recipes. Participants may also apply for UMass continuing education credits and American Dietetic Association credits. To apply for these credits please see Dianne Sutherland or Laura Snyder during the conference for an application. For the team competition the winning teams will receive ACF medals.
We will again be hosting an ACF Competition for teams of four during the last day of the conference, June 21. Six ACF certified judges will be judging the competition. It is open to all participants who are registered for the full week and takes place beginning on Thursday, June 20, 2013 from 2-4 pm for your menu writing and continues Friday, June 21, 2013 starting at 6:00 a.m. and ending at 4:30 p.m. Please sure to make your travel arrangements after this time.
You may elect to register as an individual member and the conference will assign you to a team or you may register a team of four. Please be sure to indicate if you have your own team and your team members on your registration form.