The 29th Annual Chef Conference is back and better than ever. We’re excited to share with you the highlights of our award-winning conference.
The 2023 Chef Culinary Conference will be here before you know it, and we have a rich and comprehensive educational program planned for you, thanks to our team and the support from everyone involved.
This popular event will be held at UMass Amherst, June 11-16th with the theme ‘Mindful Eating, Heathy Lifestyle’. We will continue to focus on plant-forward cuisine and to shape the campus dining segment with healthy food and lifestyle options. Inspiration will come from ‘Mediterranean to Okinawa and Beyond,’ full of culturally-driven and globally-inspired recipes and practices.
We expect a great turn-out as we address some hot topics for our Gen Z customers.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Several national renowned speakers and food experts from Frank Hu, Walter Willett, Eric Decker, Gillian Martin Yan, Jet Tila, Pati Jinich and Jody Adams to Gerry Fernandez, just name a few
- 35 interactive hands-on workshops with 16 accomplished chefs and faculty from Johnson & Wales covering a variety of cuisines from Mediterranean, Japanese, African, Latin, Indian, and Thai, to plant-forward and plant-based, as well as media training
- Three famed professors (MDs) from Harvard will talk about nutrition and dietary health, including mental health
- Two of the most highly cited food scientists in the world will discuss the present situation and future of food
- Nutritional Symposium for dietitians, managers, directors, and supply chain
- A Leadership Symposium, exclusively for Food Service/Auxiliary Directors, will feature lively discussions with solutions on the most pressing challenges and opportunities facing collegiate dining and auxiliary programs today
- Eight esteemed directors from the C & U segment will share their thoughts and vision, from best practices for planetary & human health, DEI, talent management, culinary strategy and innovation, to campus life and the student experience
- Four C-Suite Presidents from the supply chain will discuss the state of the industry, innovation and how we can all work together strategically
- Student panel: college students will talk about what they are expecting from us as they return to campus this fall
- An ACF-sanctioned team competition for 12 teams
- “Tournament of Champions” competition with celebrity chef Jet Tila
- An expert in the field will discuss the topic of diversity, equity, and inclusion in foodservice
- Vendor Trade Show
- Golf tournament June 11th
- And much more!
Together we will foster mindful eating and a heathy lifestyle on campus and at home. The conference is limited to 350 attendees. We encourage you to sign up early!
Chair and Executive Director of Auxiliary Enterprises