The 28th Annual Chef Conference is back and better than ever. We’re excited to share with you the highlights of our award-winning conference.
Innovate, Elevate, Celebrate:
The 2022 Chef Culinary Conference will be here before you know it, and we have a rich and comprehensive educational program planned for you, thanks to the team and support from everyone involved.
We are planning to host an in-person event at UMass Amherst, June 5th-10th with the theme: ‘Innovate, Elevate, Celebrate’. We are expecting a big turn-out as we transition from virtual for the past two years.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Alice Waters, Jacques Pepin and Martin Yan, three icons of our industry will join us for a panel discussion and we will have dinner together with the attendees using some of the their recipes
- 30 interactive hands-on workshops with 15 accomplished chefs and faculty from Johnson & Wales covering a variety of cuisines from Mediterranean, African, Latin, Indian and Thai, to plant-forward and plant-based, as well as media training
- Four famed professors (MDs) from Harvard will talk about nutrition and dietary health, including gut health
- Nutritional Symposium for dietitians, managers, directors and supply chain
- Six esteemed directors from the C & U segment will share their thoughts and vision, from best practices for planetary & human health, DEI, meal plans, culinary strategy and innovation, to campus life and the student experience
- Three campus leaders will talk about a newly transformed institution and building a more healthy and sustainable campus
- Three Presidents from the supply chain will discuss the state of the industry and how we can all work together strategically
- Two of the most highly cited food scientists in the world will discuss the present situation and future of food
- Students panels: college students will talk about what they are expecting from us as they return to campus this fall
- Several marketers and researchers will talk about Gen Z Marketing and will discuss how to create lifelong healthy relationships with food
- A Leadership Symposium, exclusively for Food Service/Auxiliary Directors, will feature lively discussions with solutions on the most pressing challenges and opportunities facing collegiate dining and auxiliary programs today
- An ACF-sanctioned team competition for 15 teams
- “Tournament of Champions” competition with celebrity chef Jet Tila
- An expert in the field will discuss the topic of diversity, equity and inclusion in foodservice
- Vendor Trade Show
- Golf tournament June 4th
- And much more!
Together we will ‘Innovate, Elevate, Celebrate’. The conference is limited to 350 attendees. We encourage you to sign up early!