The conference will begin Sunday, June 2, 2024 at 3:00 p.m. at the UMass Campus Center and will conclude Friday, June 7, 2024 at 4:00 p.m. after the ACF team competition located in Worcester Dining Commons. Please check our schedule on the web for the latest update!
Frequently Asked Questions
We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions to provide you with all the information you need!
All morning sessions, breakfast and lunch through Tuesday will be held in the UMass Campus Center. Afternoon sessions will be held at Worcester Dining Commons. On Wednesday and Thursday breakfasts and all sessions will be held in Worcester Dining Commons. The ACF competition on Friday will be held in the Worcester Dining Commons.
You can register online using our on-line registration service. Our on-line registration service uses a Verisign Secure Server certificate to safeguard your transaction. You may also call 413-577-8102 to register.
The Hotel and Travel page contains all the information you need to make reservations and receive special group rates at the Hotel UMass at the Campus Center and Courtyard Marriott. Please note you need to identify yourself as part of the group code CC23C for the Hotel UMass and as part of the UMass Chef Conference at the Courtyard Marriott. The cut-off date is May 12, 2023 for these special blocks of rooms. Registrants are responsible for making their own hotel arrangements.
For directions to the Campus Center and all the locations on campus please visit https://hotelumass.com/
For directions to the Marriott Courtyard please visit https://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/travel/bdlhd-courtyard-hadley-amherst/
Free parking will be available in the Campus Center Garage which is connected to the Campus Center. If you plan to drive to the UMass campus each day, please park in the Campus Center parking garage. Check the travel information section of the conference website for maps and directions. Please note that parking in restricted lots will result in unwanted ticketing and/or towing. For a map of campus please visit https://www.umass.edu/admissions/undergraduate-admissions/visit/visitor-info
- A chef hat will be provided for you and must be worn at all times in the teaching kitchens. Hair must be entirely covered by the hat and long hair will need to be tied back and completely covered underneath the hat. Fringes and bangs should not be visible from the front of the hat.
- Aprons and side towels will be provided and must be worn at all times
- A long sleeved chef jacket must be worn.
- Shoes should be leather, with no open toes or high heels and must have non-slip soles. Cotton socks are advised, and no nylon hosiery is allowed
- Full length black pants and chef pants must be worn while in the kitchen
- Jewelry is not permitted except for one ring and one wristwatch
- During times that you are not in the kitchen, casual business attire should be worn.
- The clam bake is more of a relaxed dinner at the University
- UMass will provide aprons, gloves, side towels and some knives.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their culinary tool kits, knives and a camera. Please check with your airline for knife transportation.
There are many area attractions to visit while in the area. A few of these attractions are Yankee Candle, Historic Deerfield, downtown Northampton, Basketball Hall of Fame and Six Flags New England. For more area attractions please visit the pioneer valley website at http://www.valleyvisitor.com/
The conference will cover most meals: most breakfasts, lunches and dinners Monday through Thursday, and all recipes from the conference.
This conference is open to chefs, dietitians, food service managers, educators and trade people, regardless of affiliation.
All attendees will receive certificates of participation with the number of American Culinary Federation credits (28-30) and a 2024 seminar manual with many great recipes. Participants may also apply for UMass continuing education credits (3-4) and American Dietetic Association credits. To apply for these credits please see the professional credits page. For the team competition the winning teams will receive ACF medals.
We will again be hosting an ACF Competition for teams of four during the last day of the conference, June 7. Ten ACF certified judges will be judging the competition. It is open to all participants who are registered for the full week and takes place beginning on Thursday, June 6, 2024 from 3-5 pm for your menu writing and continues Friday, June 7, 2024 starting at 6:00 a.m. and ending at 4:00 p.m. Please sure to make your travel arrangements after this time.
You may elect to register as an individual member and the conference will assign you to a team or you may register a team of four. Please be sure to indicate if you have your own team and your team members on your registration form. One team per school may register, other teams from the school may be put on a waiting list.